Preschool is a foundation for life.
90% of brain growth occurs before age 5, and every keiki deserves a good beginning.
Children who attend preschool enter kindergarten ready to learn. They later have better test scores in reading and math. And, they are less likely to be involved in crime as adults and less likely to become pregnant as teenagers.” (Honolulu Advertiser, 12/19/01).
At Ka Hale O Na Keiki our carefully prepared environment provides children with an opportunity to explore their thoughts, and enjoy and love the people and world around them.
Ka Hale O Na Keiki introduces children to the joy of learning at an early age and provides a framework in which intellectual and social discipline go hand and hand. We have created a rich, safe and stimulating environment for the children, to enhance their growth.
Our philosophy is designed to assist, teach and guide the child through experience, example, and instruction. We seek to develop the “whole child”, including mentally, physically, emotionally, and socially. As a result, a child who has the opportunity to learn and develop in wholeness would be able to:
1. Reason, choose, and think; not just counting.
2. Speak with comprehension; not just recite
3. Communicate; not just write words.
4. Learn to read out of curiosity and enjoyment; not to read out of assignment or to please
5. Experience art with creativity and joy; not just color in a pre-drawn whale.